textile flammability testing,
horizontal flammability tester
ISO 5657 Radiant Heat Source Ignitability of Building Products Testing Equipment
The Apparatus has been designed, principally for testing building materials and composites, but it is capable of testing any sample of size 165mm x 165mm and up to a maximum of 70mm thick, and measures the ignition characteristics of exposed surfaces of essentially flat materials and specimens.
- ISO 5657
- The sample orientation is horizontal.
- Instrument fitted with pilot flame with provision for re-ignition, if flame self-extinguishes.
- Apparatus is equipped with a mechanism to bring the pilot flame into the correct position above the plane of sample every 4 seconds (for - intermittent flaming exposure).
- Irradiation levels range between 10 & 50 kW/m2, using a conical radiant heater.
- Conical furnace is controlled by 3 term temperature controller.
- Temperature indicator and over temperature device, for operator safety.
- Separate support frame and control unit
- Instrument supplied complete with heat flux meter.
|Voltage||240V- 50/60 Hz -15A|
|Gas||Propane and Air for the pilot flame|
|Water||For cooling the Flux Meter|
Contact Person: Sophia Su