Construction Materials and Structures Flammability Resistance Test Equipment for BS 476
The test furnace refers to BS476 part 20 and 22 (vertical/horizontal ), GB9978-2008 standard, is to assess the behavior of a specimen of an element of building construction when subjected to defined heating and pressure conditions. The method provides a means of quantifying the ability of an element to withstand exposure to high temperatures, by setting criteria by which the loadbearing capacity, the fire containment (integrity) and the thermal transmittance (insulation) functions can be adjudged.
A representative sample of the elements is exposed to a laboratory test for the determination of fire resistance of elements of construction.
BS476-20: Fire Tests on Building materials and structures – Part 20. Method of test for determination of the fire resistance of elements of construction (General principles)
BS476-22: Fire tests on building materials and structures-Part 22: Method for determination of the fire resistance of non-loadbearing elements of construction
The sample exposed to high temperature and pressure conditions, the test samples within the specified time bearing weight, integrity and insulation.
1. Test Furnace:
⑴ Test Furnace structure and size:
Vertical furnace 3.1*3.1*1.2m(W*H*D), biggest sample size 3*2.8m(W*H)
Comply with EN1363-1
The test furnace is made of brick, steel structure and fireproof insulation material.
2. Voltage Supply:
AC 380V ±10%, 50Hz
The test furnace comply with ISO9705, output power is 300KW.
4. Burner system:
|Gas max pressure
|Air max pressure
5. Test temperature control:
⑴ furnace temperature control meets the require of T-T0=345lg(8t+1)
Temperature control deviation:
⑵ testing device accuracy:
Furnace temperature: ±15℃
Sample inside temperature: ±10℃
Sample backfire temperature: ±4℃
⑶ Timing range: 0-300 minutes, accuracy: <±1s
6. Furnace pressure meets
(1) Test after 5 minutes, the furnace shall meet the following positive pressure conditions:
Components - in the furnace 3m heights, 100mm from the surface of the specimen, furnace pressure 15Pa ± 5Pa;
(2) Test after 10 minutes, the furnace shall meet the following positive pressure conditions:
Components - 3m in the furnace height, 100mm from the surface of the specimen, furnace pressure 17Pa ± 3Pa.
(3) The sample of the landing door can be kept at a constant pressure over the whole height by the fire surface, the pressure value at the ridge should be kept within 2 ± 2Pa, and the pressure gradient inside the furnace should be 8 Pa per meter;
(4) furnace pressure measurement range: 0-100Pa, measurement accuracy: ≤ ± 3Pa
7. Temperature sensor
The performance, quantity and location of the thermocouple in the heating furnace meet the requirements of EN16341-1;
a) Furnace temperature ± 15 ℃, adopts diameter 1mm thermocouple;
b) The specimen backfire surface temperature ± 4 ℃, diameter 0.5mm thermocouple. Copper plate with thermocouple: diameter 120mm, thickness 0.50mm;
c) Armored Platinum Rhodium Platinum S-value thermocouple accuracy class: II level
d) Armored nickel-chromium-nickel-silicon K thermocouple accuracy class: II level
Gas and air systems
1. Gas and vaporization equipment
(1) Combustion gas source: propane and liquefied gas, 200KG / H electronically controlled gasification gasified furnace, 8-10 bottles, 4-5 is used, 4-5 is standby, which are equipped with automatic gas switching valve.
(2) The DN48 seamless steel pipe for gas supply pipe should be equipped with corresponding pressure reducing valve, safety valve and so on.
(3). Configuration of gas-saving device, equipped with flammable gas leakage alarm device.
Note: Laboratory gas to build a gas station room, size of about L5000 × W4000 × H2300.
2. Air source system
(1) Using high-pressure centrifugal fan + inverter to regulate flow and pressure;
(2) Configure appropriate switching valve, gate valve and pressure gauge and DN75 seamless steel pipe.