This equipment radiates heat through a gas radiant panel and uses an imported calorimeter to calibrate the radiant heat and ignites the sample through a mixed gas burner to test the combustion of the material under a certain radiant heat; it is mainly used to determine the transverse flame propagation performance of building products , The flame propagation performance/flame propagation speed can evaluate the fire retardant performance of the material.
- ISO 5658-2
- IMO 2010 FTP Code part 2 [Resolution MSC.307(88)]
- IMO FTP Code Resolution A. 653(16)
- ASTM E 1317
ISO 5658 test method :
Expose the sample to a clearly calibrated radiation flux area, and measure the ignition time, flame spread and final extinguishing time. The test sample is placed in a vertical position, close to the radiant panel, and exposed to a clearly calibrated radiation flux area. The pilot flame is close to the test sample, but does not touch the test sample, and the heated end of the sample is ignited by the boil-off gas on the surface. After ignition, record the development of the flame front, and record the time it takes for the flame front to burn on the surface of the sample in the horizontal direction to reach each calibration distance. The test materials include ignition heat, continuous combustion heat, critical flow rate, average heat of continuous combustion, total heat release and other related parameters.
ISO 5658 technical parameters of flame spread tester:
||200±10mm long double-hole ceramic tube
||AC 220V, 50/60Hz, 30A;
1. Composition: It consists of two parts: the burner frame and the specimen support frame. It is connected by bolts and has bolts for flexible mechanical adjustment.
2. Radiant plate temperature controller: prevent the flame from turning to the back of the radiator plate, check the internal temperature of the radiator plate, and the flame flow controller can easily test the methane content when testing the critical heat flow of the gas;
3. Gas supply: equipped with pressure reducing valve, zero pressure valve, tempering valve, solenoid valve and mixer to deliver the mixed air and gas to the radiant panel.
4. Provide a multi-hole calibration plate and a sliding heat flow meter moving track, which can detect whether the heat radiation flux meets the standard requirements;
5. Sample chimney: one, equipped with gas and chimney metal compensation thermocouple.
6. Ignition source: radiant panel and propane blowtorch imported from the United States to precisely control the flame height;
7. Combustion gas source: industrial methane (provided by the user);
-The cabinet is made of stainless steel, beautiful and corrosion-resistant; easy to clean;
-The cylinder type pilot ignition burner supports the IMO standard flame automatic impact test with double-layer grid and magnified perspective mirror to facilitate users to observe the flame spread. It is equipped with an adjustable angle observation mirror (750mm×120mm). The glass mirror and test can be passed during the test. Sample rake, observe the flame spread rate, and can record automatically through the foot switch.