ASTM E1474 Cone Calorimeter Building Materials Fire Testing Equipment
- The Cone Calorimeter is the most significant bench scale instrument in the field of fire testing.
- Heat release is the key measurement required to assess the fire development of materials and products.
- This is based on the empirical observation that heat released by burning materials is directly proportional to the quantity of oxygen used in the combustion process. The instrument was called a Cone Calorimeter.
- This name was derived from the shape of the truncated conical heater that is used to irradiate the test specimen with fluxes up to 100 kW/m2 in the test.
ISO 5660 : Reaction-to-fire tests -- Heat release, smoke production and mass loss rate.
ASTM E1354 : Standard Test Method for Heat and Visible Smoke Release Rates for Materials and Products Using an Oxygen Consumption Calorimeter.
BS 476: PART 15: Fire tests on building materials and structures.. Part 15: Method for measuring the rate of heat release of products.
A full system consists of:
1. Conical Heater - is wound in the form of a truncated cone, rated 5000 W at 230 V with a heat output of 100 kW/m2.
2. Facility for testing horizontally or vertically orientated specimens
3. Temperature control by the use of a 3 type K thermocouples and a 3-term (PID) temperature controller.
5. Specimen Holders - for specimens 100mm x 100mm up to 50mm thick, in the horizontal and vertical orientation.
6. Spark Ignition - by 10 kV spark generator fitted with a safety cut-out device.
7. Exhaust System - hood, gas sampling ring probe, exhaust fan (with adjustable flow controls from 0-50g/s, at a resolution of at least 0.1g/s) and an orifice plate flow measurement (thermocouple and differential pressure transducer). Normal operation is at a nominal 24 l/s.
8. Oxygen Analysis - paramagnetic oxygen analyser, which has a range of 0-25% and a performance compliant with the standards.
9. Smoke Obscuration - measured with a laser system, using photodiodes, and a 0.5 mW Helium Neon laser, with main and reference (compensating) photo detectors. Supplied with alignment cradle and 0.3, 0.8 neutral density filters for calibration.
10. Heat Flux Meter - for setting the irradiance level at the surface of the specimens.
11. Calibration Burner - to calibrate the rate of heat release measured by the apparatus using methane of 99.5% purity.
Welcome to visit our factory for sightseeing!
|Supplier Company Name
||Daxian Instrument Equipment CO.,Limited
||Changlian Industrial Building, 168 Zhenan West Road, Xiabian Community, Chang'an Town, Dongguan, Guang Dong, China